Date listed 2nd February 2024
Sales Representative for Merchant701
Sales Dept, Hereford Branch and Field Based.
Reporting to: Merchant Manager
Merchant 701 is a division of Warehouse 701, part of the Wye Valley Group which offers a range of demolition, construction, recycling, and reclamation services. As the name suggests, Merchant 701 is a traditional builders merchant business, offering a full range of new and reclaimed building supplies and materials to trade and public customers.
Due to planned expansion, we are looking to recruit a Sales Representative to support our future growth ambitions. This will be a combined internal and external sales role depending on the needs of the business on a week-to-week basis. The primary objective of the role will be to develop and build upon existing trade account relationships and to further expand our customer base throughout Hereford and the surrounding areas.
We welcome applications from those already working within, or who have a background within, the builders merchant sector, with a good knowledge of the typical products, customers, and various routes to market. You must be a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual, with excellent communication skills who enjoys working towards targets within a team environment. You will have a natural flair for selling, have a commitment to customer service and take a great amount of pride in your work. Previous experience within a comparable sales role, ideally gained within a Builders Merchants or the Construction Sector is highly desirable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, capture, and maximise new Sales opportunities.
- Help to achieve/exceed branch turnover and profit targets.
- Respond positively and effectively to customer needs
- Negotiate the best possible margins in line with KPI’s.
- Support Branch Manager with stock requirements and pricing, based on customer demand and market conditions.
- Cultivate and maintain exceptional standards of customer service.
- Positively function as a link between your branch and your customers, and ensure Wye Valley Group Best Practice, Standards, Values and Company Policies are met.
- Regularly communicate and build strong working relationships with key personnel from your customer base.
- Split your time between external customer meetings and internal counter sales based on the needs of the business on a weekly basis.
- Support marketing and promotional activities as required, including attendance at any external events; shows, exhibitions, etc.
- Prepare and submit monthly management report summarising activity, orders, quotations/pipeline opportunities, progress year-to-date against target, market conditions, competitor activity, etc.
- Effective diary management, ensuring all calls and visits are recorded accurately onto CRM system.
- Be vigilant and report any Health & Safety issues to your Line Manager immediately.
- Deal with customer complaints effectively, pleasantly and in a timely manner.
- Assist with company-wide stock take as and when required.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- A good standard of secondary and/or further education.
- Proven sales experience within the builders merchant, building materials or construction sectors.
- Strong knowledge of typical product range, (further training will be provided)
- Customer focused.
- Results driven, team player.
- IT proficient (MS Office)
- A positive and friendly attitude
- Excellent communication skills, diligent and methodical approach
- Ability to work under pressure, be self-motivated and flexible.
- Good people skills, confidence, and ability to approach customers.
- Excellent time management skills
- Valid full UK driving licence
- Monday to Friday 0800 – 1700 (40 hrs per week exc. breaks)
Salary & Benefits
- £28,000 - £32,000pa depending on experience
- Company pool vehicle for use when visiting external customers.
- Full time permanent position
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Free on-site staff parking
- Staff discounts
- On-site café
Please apply in writing via email, enclosing your CV and a brief covering letter, to Mr Matthew Davies, Merchant Manager – email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 29/02/2024, followed by interviews with shortlisted candidates w/c 04/03/2024.